Sitting and waiting at the landing for the fireworks to start. Funnel cakes were yummy!!!
I had a palm tree in my view but it was still a great show!
Looking for sand flea’s
Looking for shells and sand fleas. (Not sure why I don’t have a picture of one. They did catch a few)
Here’s one from the internet. What you can see in the outgoing wave is the antenna seen above on the far right. They spread them out to catch food to eat. Weird creatures a cross between a crab and a Rolly Polly. If you disturb them you can see them rolling out in the outgoing wave.
Butch and I and bo that’s not a green yarmulke. It’s an umbrella behind us. Ha!
Janet and I enjoying the sun and sand
Sandcastles from a different view point
Robert and I coming off the beach.
Afternoon of floating and swimming at the beach with Rob and Janet
I don’t know why I don’t go to the beach more often but Janet hit it on the head. The pool is so much easier. We can just pop over and swim without having to lug stuff around.
A little drama one night as there was a shooting across the street at the rec center. Poor guy laid out there dead for hours in the hot hot sun. Sad to see. Cars were blocking him towards the end but Sally working for the city knew the gal working this end of the roadblock so she came over and we got the lowdown. It was sad even if it was drug deals gone wrong.
Not a lot of pictures. We ate at Stewbys a few times. Tried a new Thai place that was good. Had lunch with sally at Taco Town on Tuesday. Had Waffle House after that late afternoon at the beach as most restaurants were closed. Had pork links with peppers and onions one night and stuffed pork chops another night. We had at least two breakfasts with sausage and gravy which grandma loved. We played 5 crown, push the dummy and Rumicub. Janet was sweet and got sally for large print cards that she could see well enough yo play push the dummy and hold her own! She also bought her a large format Rumicub game. That one didn’t work as well, but she could see a bit of it.
I swear Janet’s sweet!
Angela even came down for two nights and theee days and was there for the 4th. I was so happy she came down!! (No phot proof of her!!). I am awful and really tend to just be there now rather than take pictures. It’s a lot more fun!!
Here’s hoping we can host more family down here over the years to come!!
No comments:
Post a Comment