Our flooring was finished late last night and baseboards took all day but they are done. The house, she is done! Now to unpack more!!
But before that’s done Butch pulled out some baseboard in the kids bath that had rotted. Well, it did more than rotted. There was evidence of a past termite infestation. Yikes!! The good news it was PAST infestation and they are all dead without evidence of anything still occurring. The best news is But h has replaced the baseboards in that bath. Yay!
This morning there was an odd red light in the west. Wait a minute. The sun rises in the east…. Weird. My guess is it is/was a very tall thunderhead that was catching the first rays of the sun and glowing through it as there were storms most of the day today.
This evening was cat care time. I went and dumped litter boxes and fed kitties. I got to give them some wet feed so Ash tolerated me petting her while she ate and didn’t skitter off too fast when I talked to her. Salem crawled into the bed frame and wallowed in chin and neck scratching however would not come down to sit with/near me. As I had to grab some stuff before I could head home I gave up and said my goodbyes and gave a final scratch and was on my way.
Oh and this weekend after Liz’s. Well actually during Lizzie’s I relaxed and lazed around. I want the ladder girl and I didn’t traipse through the backyard as they were making plans for the terracing. I went inside talked to Salem and relaxed in the couch :). Ah the life.
Sunday had us going to Best Buy, Walmart and the commissary. Well we got to Best Buy. We shopped TVs and picked one on sale. It looked like it would be a good size in the living room. So we ordered it. It wasn’t available in our store for weeks. We opted to drive to McDonough as, well quite frankly, we have nothing better to do. So off we went. We drove in, picked up, drove out. That simple. We got it home and holy crap it’s HUGE!!!
Here it is in movie theater mode.
And in the light of day.
Overkill? Maybe big big is it nice not having to watch shows on an iPad or a phone. The post it’s on the wall mark out the half way and edges of the placement on the wall. Yeah. It’s huge. But it’s ours now.
And the week marches on. Work is coming together slowly. Still waiting on some access so I’m not stepping in fully yet. The guys who work under me are very much introverts. I’m becoming one. Sigh. I have another job offer… waiting for it to come through to see what the money would be. I need to talk to that supervisor to see what it would be to work with/under him. Not sure it’s worth the stress. The debate rages on. Take a stressful job or muddle through with this one?
No comments:
Post a Comment