Well, when it rains it pours and this is your public service announcement that it PAYS to be transparent.
My co-worker and I were chatting today about pay and issues and frustrations (mostly he’s trying to convince me to NOT return to the states in January)… and I was like “hum… nope, I make more in the states”… which lead to other discussions about COLA and all that… to which I said I don’t think I’m authorized COLA as I have never gotten it. He was shocked and started to doing research (because, why not, right?) Turns out after asking G-1 (personnel) on site… am I supposed to be getting this? NOW FLASH back to the idiot who on-boarded me and you will NOT be shocked at the screwed up stuff that has been done, or more accurately NOT been done for me over the last 2.5 years…
So… bottom line? I SHOULD be getting COLA… I have NOT. COLA should be anywhere from $300+ a month. What the HECK people??? SO, for 2.5 years I have NOT been receiving this money…. At all. The person who should have done this for me naturally when I transitioned from my temporary housing to full time housing was, you guessed it, the SAME person who failed to put my housing allocations at the amount they should have been and instead put me in for full rates. Yeah, that person. SO. The good news is it looks like this amount is owed to me for 2.5 years. The bad news is that if you don’t know what to ask, you can get royally screwed.
I’ll be ever so grateful to the folks who ARE helping me but I wouldn’t spit on the others if they were on fire at this point… seriously – who does this to people’s finances without a care in the world? Who could remove that person from that job and NOT go back through the jobs he had “completed” prior to his departure to make sure they were all good??? CRAZY I tell you. Good news on this end as well is that this will offset the supposed debt that I have with DFAS as well…..
Now to find out what sort of screwed up algorithm they are using that had me paying back a debt (that I supposedly agreed to as it states voluntary) in JANUARY. It was only $85 but come ON DFAS…. What are you DOING??? I am seriously questioning personnel in this chain of command for pay. They are jacked up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment