World Numbers
And who knows if these numbers are real? China wasn't counting properly for a while and they increased their numbers overnight by half... but we're still not convinced they are the true numbers. I guess we'll never know.
I have been out of my house three times since this started. I went to the commissary (and a few other stores while I was out) once, work once, and the market once. Yep, that's the extent of it... not even going on walks... which I really SHOULD do.
The states are at $1.00 per gallon for regular gas in some spots which is sad since they really can't go far. I guess our gas is the same price here in Germany, but I haven't been to the BX in 41 days to purchase gas, so I have NO idea!
- Schools have been closed since mid March and are teaching remotely on-line. This will continue for the rest of the school year.
- There are lines / tapes inside the stores to keep people 6 feet apart.
Here in Germany the German stores have plexiglass cases over the cashiers. As of today Germans are required to wear masks for the first time. Until now it's been optional. Now they are required to go into stores and/or public transportation.
- Bars and restaurants only for home delivery & pick-up.
I haven't used this ever here, but it's the same in Germany
- Parks, beaches and walk-in places are not accessible to the public. But will begin to open Monday.
Germany never really closed walking areas to my knowledge mostly because their whole country has walking paths all over.
- All sports competitions have been cancelled.
- All festivals and entertainment events have been banned.
Germany cancelled spring fest AND OKTOBERFEST. Talk about a shock to the system. Linda, Gail and Suz are coming this winter for the Christmas Markets... and right now we have no idea if they will happen or not... sad, but true.
- Weddings, family celebrations and birthdays have been cancelled. Funerals limited to 10-20 people.
- People are doing drive-by parades to celebrate birthdays!
- Young kids can’t understand why they can only see grandparents & other extended family and friends on a screen or thru a window if someone visits in person.
- Hugs and kisses are not given.
- The churches are closed or online.
- We have to stay away from each other more than 6 ft.
- Shortage of masks and gloves in hospitals.
These are a hot commodity around here and there are lots of folks making them and selling them. I have resisted so far as I think it's a short time requirement... I have one fabric mask left over from cancer treatments and a few paper ones from then as well... I will be using a mask when I return to work - but only when I go outside I believe.
- There are fewer ventilators than there should be. (personally I think this statement is wrong - I think there are fewer than we needed in this instance, but this is a weird instance)
- People are wearing masks, some places even REQUIRE that you wear them to enter! People are even making their own masks for sale or donation to medical facilities!
Germany the mask is required and has been required to enter the BX or Commissary for a few weeks now.
- Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, antibacterial wipes and anything Lysol or Clorox is in short supply and limited per person.... IF you can even find them!
Commissary here continually runs out of cheese products. Not sure why that is, but there hasn't been shredded cheese when we have gone into shop for the last 4 weeks. We bought block cheese... we have the technology to shred our own.
- Stores are closing early to disinfect everything. (24 hour stores are even closing by 9pm)
See prior post on how the Commissary is handling it here.. there are set days for all shopping. The Shoppets and quick stores are stocking more milk and such, but you have SET days you can shop at the main stores. Period.
- Store check outs, pharmacies and even fast food drive thru windows have added plexiglass between employee and customer. Have to reach around or under to pay!
see above about plexiglass cages around the german cashiers. I think they had the same at the commissary, but honestly it's been about 3 plus weeks since I have been.
- You can't find isopropyl alcohol easily. .. supply per person is limited.
- Australia, USA and Europe have closed their borders.
True - travel bans are still in effect.
- Fines are issued for crossing the border without a valid reason. (Transport workers, Essential services etc)
- No one is travelling for leisure. Airports empty. Tourism has the worst crisis in history.
No comments:
Post a Comment