We were just in time to watch the cannon's shooting off at 4pm - fun times!
After the cannons finished we headed out to see some sights - we were told there was a good walking area near the Hard Rock Cafe in St Julians. They lied. Well, there were lots of "gentlemen's clubs" and a few restaurants but nothing of note that we would want to eat at - most of them were bar foods. And we saw the Holiday Inn there as well - it was cute for sure! The beach there was very spongy with some sort of palm debris that washed up.
Warnings at the beach.
On the way to where we knew there were other areas where there was better food we ran across a fish pedicure place. Too fun! I begged John (battle buddy for the night) into going with me for just 10 minutes. He had tried to talk his wife into going in Greece but she wouldn't go - so he decided to go and see what it was all about. It was quite interesting! Fun times!!
And everywhere you go American fast food has taken over - between McDonalds and the like there was a Pizza Hut. Funny, eh?
This time we ate at a restaurant right next to the one we went to the first night - this one was Gululu. It was quite tasty with rabbit spaghetti. I also had an appetiser with fried cheese and sundried tomatoes. It was quite tasty on their crusty breads!
The rabbit spaghetti was pretty tasty as well. We also had coffee and desserts - mmmm. Gotta love it.
We took a cab back to the top of the wall, or so we thought - the taxi driver had NO idea where he was taking us and we ended up somewhere weird where we had to hike HILLS again - did I tell you exactly how tired I was of hills and swollen knees and HILLS? yeah, my knees were twice the size of what they should be and I was starting to limp at times... I'm OUT OF SHAPE!! BUT I did it... I made it back up the hill - panting and miserable, but made it. Then we were going to go through the town a bit, but decided to just walk down to the boat as we had already had dessert...so we wandered down to the boat and got back on... and called it a night...
Isn't this a great shot of the boat all lit up!



1 comment:
I love that next to the last pic. So cute with the little boats.
Look at how long your hair is getting!!
Post a Comment