Thursday, October 10, 2019

Friday - last two days in Europe for the kiddo's!

The last day in Germany we chose to slow roll it out of bed and make our way to the Ritter Sports Factory in Waldenbuch Germany - it's just a short 1/2 hour drive from our house.  They have a decent museum and introduction to where they grow their chocolate, where they source all of these ingredients for their chocolate bars and they have a store - where you can buy all of their new flavors as well as "close out" bars as well.  SOOOO tempting.  The girls got some chocolate to take home with them as gifts and we picked up some for samples as well for our house.  I say we, but it was Butch... yeah, we'll blame him.  I did encourage the chocolate with almonds - my personal favorite.

Next up was Motoworld  It's a place to tempt old and new car fanciers alike.  It would have been a better tour of that location BUT they were doing construction and it was LOUD in there!!!  We didn't spend as long as Butch and I had back when we got here, BUT we did notice having been there before that the type and model of cars was different.  There is storage in there that is used by the public.  I assume it's a rental space type of situation.

We then made our way to the Sindelfingen mall for a bit just to kill about an hour... we wandered stores.  Angela found some cute pants to purchase, I got a purse and Elizabeth and Alex simply wandered on their own.  We didn't see them a lot while we were there.

Then for our final meal, we went to Schonbuch Brauhaus.  We encourage everyone to try the Brauhaus special where you get Maltachen, Schnitzel and Spaetzle.  It's a wonderful sample of what the culinary sampling of the region is.  Maltachen is a ravioli of sorts from the region - very tasty!

 We sat next to a nice group of elderly Germans who asked us questions from time to time, but in broken English... they were nice, but the conversation didn't last long.  I'm sure if Butch had been sitting there he would have had a LONG conversation with them... me?  not so much any more

And with that we went home, got settled in for bed and the next morning bright and early it was time to take the girls back to the airport!  It was a whirlwind tour and fun!  I hope they come back for longer next time!
They stopped off in Amsterdam for a couple of hours and actually went out and saw some of the town while there as well. 

Me?  I promptly went home and went back to bed for a few more hours!!  Ha!!

No comments: