And off we went.
we're driving down when we came around a corner and our reactions was "what the hell is that????"
More on this later... yes this is your teaser as we had to look it up... hint it's in Rottweil... really, truly the name of the town. Website can be found here: https://testturm.thyssenkrupp-elevator.com/en
but don't go look just yet as we really did drive over to find it on our way home :) I mean, really - who could resist? We'll take a tour of it in a cooler month - supposedly there is NO A/C in there and it can get to 30 degrees C which is DANG hot!!! (86 Fahrenheit) So, not for the faint of heart...
Anyway continue on to Trieberg - which still takes us on some back roads... really? I need to get our GPS checked. It takes some JACKED up paths to get us to places.
Checking out the fish while I'm checking out where we're going and best way to get there... in town there were signs to Triberg falls... little did I know just HOW big this thing is...
we ended up getting back in our car and driving to the NEXT pull out and walking over to the falls.. well PART of the falls... seriously - BIG thing!!
MORE giggling at the height challenges we have!!
Checking out the falls... not sure why I can't get this one to load upright... but I gave up.
first stop for us was the see (lake) to the right - then on up to the pagoda looking entrance in the middle - then walked across to the falls - so we got to see the middle of the falls. If/when we go back we'll start at the top and hike down instead. I guess I'll be the driver in that case and pick everyone up at the bottom? LOL... that would mean I would NOT hike :)
just ignore the crazy lade trying to do selfies. I'm sure Sarah was MORE than ready to head on home after dealing with her crazy aunt and uncle for a week!!
And because I wanted to see the clocks - we went to one of them that was "the house of 1,000 clocks" It lived up to it's name for sure! It had LOTS of fun stuff in there and now Butch is determined to bring home a cuckoo clock. OK... but it stays in HIS office... not mine!!
It really is such a pretty area - this was right to the back side of the clock place... so peaceful and serene.
And with that we headed on home... and drove by the test facility.
it is to test elevators... we will HAVE to go back and take the tour. I thought of Mike and Robert for this one... what do you think? Great idea, right??
























No comments:
Post a Comment