Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know - what happened to the 5th? Well, it was spent finding a restaurant after work, then navigating to said restaurant... and then getting home at 9:30 and me trying load pictures that were being difficult and me going right to sleep instead because I have started back to my "normal" routine of getting up at 5:30am to get to work early... why on earth would I do this when I live a meer 15 minutes from work? Well, because here at the hotel they FEED ME!! HA! I can get up and go down for Breakfast and it is nice and hot and cooked at 6:30am.
I found that out on Tuesday morning - it wasn't open when I went down at 6:15am, but it opened up at 6:30 without fanfare and I got to have my nice little on egg over easy with potatoes, sausage, croissant and when I'm really lucky some nice mixed grilled vegetables as well. Some days it's roasted tomato halves with cheese - meh... I would have liked them raw better... and some days it's mushrooms. Those are OK too, but I do prefer the days that they have the bell peppers and spinach instead. MUCH more of what I want - yum...
And a coffee - of course, and it's a cappuccino to boot, so even BETTER... mmmmm So, loaded up on Breakfast I head out. YESTERDAY I got my ID finally!!!!!
Did you hear the whooping of joy from there??? Yeah, I was super happy... finally I can do a few more things. I went and started my security crap (not sure why the h*ll they didn't have me do this PRIOR to the ID as it was coming no matter what), then applications to systems and the drill goes on ... probably another week before my email becomes active but I will email you when I get it completed if you leave me a message here or PM me. Either way.
I still get texts on our old phone numbers (they are FREEEEE)... so you can always text me as well. I'm here... just about 6 to 10 hours later than you!!
I'm waiting until we get into our house (which is what I really should be doing is xfering money to my new german bank account that I got today... but I'm being a slug and blogging instead! I came home to an empty hotel room. I assume Butch is up doing laundry... but it's not defined yet as his phone is here in the room... and he is not. The only evidence I have that is where he is, is that the laundry bag from his stuff is gone.
SO, back to yesterday. I went home and got Butch and dragged him to base to get his ID as well so now we're both set with ID's that won't get us scrutinized either... AND we went to check the mail on the way off base and we had MAIL in the mailbox!!!! Yay!!
OH, AND the car is in country now... it's not HERE, but it's in Germany at least!!! Yay!!! We're about 7 to 10 days away from a Reba Reunion!!
Anyway, we finally made it back to the hotel and I was in charge of picking out the place for dinner... OK it's really a shot in the dark, but I'll pick one.
Well, I had to pick the restaurant last night and I chose this one:
It's more of a place for summer visitors as See in Germany is a lake... it's a small lake, but it's a nice little lake in the middle of town that they overlook - so it's a nice spot to have a dinner and enjoy the view of the water or sit on their terrace overlooking the water.
The food was DELICIOUS!!!
Check out this salad... what are those pink things on top? That is what we can only guess are beet root sprouts and they were very tasty. There were shredded carrots under there and some pickled cucumbers and something else that was shredded and white, but all super tasty with their own dressing on it. mmmmmm.
This is my dinner...Kotelett vom Mangalitsa-Schwein (pork cutlet) mit mziebeimamelade (onion marmalade) Blaue Kartoffeln (blue potate) and Schwarzwurzel (It is also called Skorzener root and winter asparagus or "poor people asparagus")
Butch's dinner was: Schwäbischer Zwiebelrostbraten ... swabian roast beef with spaetzle.... mmmmmmm I had this a few nights prior at the hotel in smaller format...
very good meal, but as I said I would recommend this place for summer over winter, however, it was nicely decorated regardless, so it was enjoyable. We were only the 3rd set of folks in there... there was a larger group in the center of the restaurant and us and one other couple in the place... but I found it very enjoyable.
Then when we came home I just went straight to sleep (or close enough!)... zzzz - full belly!!





No comments:
Post a Comment