Saturday, February 23, 2019

Day Trip to Stuttgart

Stuttgart on the weekend is SUPER busy!  There were a ton of people in the walking district and shopping and wandering and "being seen".  The weather was (*I'm updating this much later) still cold at this point, but the sun was out after quite a bit of snow for the area.  SO - everyone was out.  I also noted that when the sun is out even if it is snowy in the grounds, everyone will come out as well.  With a lot of individuals living in apartments, they spend a lot of time wandering and seeing what they can see in the shops.

So - we joined the masses to get out and into the sunshine!


Why Stuttgart?  Well, they have a Flomart (aka flea market) on certain weekends... could be every weekend, but honestly I didn't look.  I just knew I wanted to go see the flea market.  It was fun to go and see what they had there.  There were a LOT of old pocket watches.  A favorite of mine for some odd reason I am drawn to them.  They had some very unique things as well such as this:
 Box of old gas masks!  I had to send a picture of them to the girls in reference to a Dr. Who episode where a little boy was wandering the streets looking for his mummy in a gas mask!  Creepy factor was high on that one... but it was a good show.  The kids got a kick out of the masks.  I didn't even look at the price, just noted them and took a pictures. 

 Also, amidst the rugs there was this atrocity... why on EARTH would you leave the hooves on a fur rug?  Really??? Suggestions from FaceBook were to hold it down in a strong wind or door stops - ha!  We will never know!!

WHAT is this??? This is curry wurst.  yummmy!!!  Butch got a Brat with a bun, but I chose the curry wurst.  It was the same sausage he had but this one was chopped and smothered in the curry sauce.  Very tasty!  

Parting shot of a hotel near the platz where the flea market was... cut gargoyle lizards.

All in all a fun day spent looking at things in the market, getting a router for the house to get internet and just wandering through Stuttgart.

No comments: