So, what does "host nation" tell you about? Well, all the DEALS we can get here on travel and such things that are IMPORTANT... as well as some language stuff and where to get classes etc. There is a good deal on flights that I'm looking forward to researching a bit. Wish me luck on finding tickets for about 25 - 50% discount. Yeah... really hoping I can find that!!
Anyway after the learning we went on the town to learn about the trains and ticketing and what to do and what NOT to do.. and we discovered we could get the but with our train tickets as well, so lesson learned - use the app to get our tickets from now on!
Then we went by the high end car store - not sure what this place really is.. but it's AWESOME!
Cute display of metal men on motorcycles.
SUPER cute mini made into a desk of all things!! Fun... but out of my price range for sure!!
The red and white old 30's car just under the butt of the plane was my favorite - it was even a convertible... not that I can afford that thing either... but look at all the $$ in this building!!!
another older one on the bottom far left that I liked, but not as well as the red and cream one... I'm a sucker for a red car!!
Can you say MILLIONS of dollars of cars in this building? I wonder if it wouldn't get to the Billions with as any as they had in here as this is just about 1/2 of what you can see in there... there were more out back as well as a wing about 1/2 this size on the other side of the jet too. FUN cars!
THIS is the sink in the bathroom - how appropriate for a car shop, eh? Cute!
Selfie - but really it's to show you the car I picked out... its the Lamborghini SUV behind Butch... yeah, they are ONLY $200,000 and that is just the starting price!! Yep!!! OUCH
So we walked away from the train station and the newer end of town to the "old town" which is sadly only from the 1940s as pretty much all of Boblingen was destroyed during the wars. So all the older homes like the one below are only from the 40's, but made to look old.
THIS building and the white and glass building attached to it are a museum.
THIS is the church that was shown in video I shared on facebook. This is the market platz and/or main plaza where markets are held in town. Very cute and there was another level just below this one that was bout 2x as large as this one so it's not as tiny as it would seem. The workers were refacing one of the 1/2 wood homes in the area - thus the lift truck and the guys working on the house putting up some sort of support mesh so they could restore the facia of the house.
THIS is the view from the top of the hill by the church overlooking all of Boblingen. the base is off to the left side of the picture and the place we are staying is just a bit more right of that... SNOWY ... but LOOK, there ARE blue skies here on occasion... maybe I should put this up on my wall to remind me when it's snowing that the sky CAN be a nice pretty blue :) ha!
This is the brewery where we had lunch today - it was a GREAT place to eat and then as we were leaving we saw that Steve - Elizabeth's CRV was here with us in Germany - ha!! Same color and everything... I sent her a picture and told her Steve was stepping out on her while she was at work and sneaking over to Germany to hang out at the brewery!
This... just this... you would think that if toilet paper came with the name of Kleenex it would be soft and nice for your bum, wouldn't you? yeah, NO... it's like sand paper and today after some schnitzel and a meat ravioli with some potatoes is NOT a friend of mine... I had a horrible cluster attack after getting back to the base. I went in and returned some shoes that I had picked up. They weren't quite big enough and after trying them on with other socks I decided they were just NOT for me... so back they went. I think I will try a local shoe store for some nice brown winter shoes instead.
So other than that, no ID as of today - I went to check my ID twice... nothing as of yet... and we wait.
And wait.
And wait....
ha!
Until then I will continue to do all I can without the ID present.












1 comment:
Fun stuff! So, can you get a "but" or a "bus" with your train tickets? I hope it's a bus. Bus, train, airport--you'll be set!!
Hope the housing office is making progress. I loved the blue skies. It's gonna be fun. Can't wait to come and visit.
Post a Comment