Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Make a mug pottery class

I made two mug blanks the first week (Monday before last). and got set for class yesterday with a by practicing on a squinting eye. Like this:



I wasn’t thrilled wit the look but not super disappointed either. So last night I started in the tongue handle and teeth etc. I figured I could see how I felt about it once I got that part done.

The results of TWO hours of sculpting is this:









Ok I think they’re cute (?). They are just what I pictured but I just couldn’t visualize the eyes in place so my teacher YinTing suggested I sculpt on a thin piece of clay to transfer to the mug.

OK. Let’s try that!




Yeah. I still can’t picture this on the mug. So it stayed off. The mug will be done without eyes and I may make another mug with full face on the front instead.

I still have two weeks of time to do more. One week I can make a new mug with a face. One to glaze.

So this is my adventure in clay this month AND I found out Kelly Barracks has a clay studio with a wheel. That could be fun to play at over the years I’m there.

No comments: