This is my first year with dahlias.
I’m learning where not to plant them, however this one is quite happy so I’ll plant the other survivors on this same hill in the fall! Only half of my petunias survived the heat this summer, but the ones who made it are gorgeous.
My Elephant ears are monsters and I believe I’ll separate them out this fall and move some to the north bed as late summer growth as that side is liking puny and is too wet for most plants.
I think I’ll also separate my amaryllis I have in the south bed and add some of the ones dad is giving me to the north bed as well. They make beautiful spring color then the elephant ears come up and it’s green all summer.
I also need to separate my day lilies
2 comments:
We had Dahlias that came back year after year. This past winter killed off all but one plant.
And I transplanted a day lily, thought I'd killed it. But it's alive!!
Post a Comment