Thursday, March 8, 2018

Updates from Florida

Yeah. I decided I would do my rest and recuperating in Florida like a proper diva. Now to have warmer weather, a beach chair and a drink with an umbrella and I would be set!!

I got here Tuesday night after getting my MRI done. The MRI is to look at my spine to make sure there are no compressed or bulging disks causing the numbness in my legs. I still think it’s all neuropathy from chemo and as I wasn’t moving much, I simply didn’t notice how far it had progressed. The answers to that will be found out soon enough. I’m big sweating it just yet. Nothing I can do about any of it anyway.

So. Last I updated things in the healing front were going well. I participated I. My first Undie Rin for colon cancer.






Sherry’s boyfriend Josh. Tagged on his bum, appropriate for a colon shot anyway. Yes that is a Giant colon behind us.





The three of us ready to go





Liz with her “What’s up your butt” shirt.





So this ambulance was following me. It was funny he first quarter mile.





By the 1/2 mile I was beginning to wonder if he knew something I didn’t. Ha! Although I have walked upwards of two mikes in a day recently I have discovered it’s not all at once!! Yikes!!





Sherry and I at the finish





Butch and I at the finish amazing this is such a good shot as I couldn’t see a thing!!





Lizzie coming across the finish line. She cut two minutes off her time fro
The 5k ran the weeks prior. Yay Lizzie!!





And a fun time was had by all!!

The day after Lizzie and I drove to Ikea to shop and to visit with Angela. She drove down and met us. We shopped out hearts at in Ikea (buying surprisingly little) had pizza at Antico’s pizza.






They have the BEST pizza. Check them out if you’re ever close!! It’s as close to TRUE Italian pizza as we have found stateside.

That done along with a Target run and we headed home.

Long fun filled weekend!

Flash forward to me making some calls for air conditioning heater replacement for the the tiny house. Why you ask? Well one emergency call from kids last year that the A/C was on the fritz on the weekend of all times led us to know it’s time. So. Everyone wanted to give me quotes on Wednesday. I HAD planned on driving down on Wednesday. Guess not. I decided to bite the bullet and drive down after my 9am MRI. Thinking that it should be quick. *insert maniacal laughter here*. Yeah what they didn’t tell me was blood work was first then an hour after that was the MRI. So I didn’t go in until 10:30. I came out at noon. Back just screaming. I hate MRIs. That table is too hard!!

So seat heater is a wonderful invention as it goes up the back a bit. I had it on for parts of my drive.

I had to go home from that, eat and pack. On the road by 2pm. Not shabby. By the time o got here I just wanted to lay down and relax, so that’s just what I did. Crawled in bed and read and played on electronics.

I didn’t even disturb my bowel habits too bad. Whoop whoop!! Still had 9pm poo and bed. Yeah!!

Wednesday was four quotes and even a nap as the 1pm came early and the next one was at 3pm. Yeah!! Nice nap!!

So today is Thursday. Sticker shock is in full affect. $4500 to $5645. U had to justify my choice to go with the cheapest. The REASON wasn’t because of price. It was because he was the only one to mention the $400 rebate from the gas company AND will fill out all the paperwork and file it and pass the saving on to me up front. Sweet!! I like one stop shop!! So, choice made.

Sad fact was someone “rang my bell”at the front door. Yeah. It noworkie. So I went out to take it off to check battery size as it’s a wireless one. Uhm, yeah, I broke it. Whoops!!! In my defense it’s about three years old now, so it was delicate. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!! Ha!!

I think parts of the higher price is I’m not doing a simple a/c replacement. Why would I do something so mundane? Nope. So, when the folks had the a/c put in they put it here:






This is it. Smack dab in the middle of the back of the house! Right next to the back door and RIGHT under windows.





Yeah can you tell that’s the living room windows. Yikes!! Noisy in the summer.

Where do I want it?

Right here:





It’s in the west side if the house... the only down side is it’s planned to be in the wrong side of the fence. Now realistically it is just a deterrent for honest folks. The gates are never locked so it would be easy enough for anyone to off with the unit as it is. But it’s OLD so who wanted it?











And realistically it’s sort of out of sight when the azaleas are in bloom and has leaves. BUT. Going to get a fence there anyway. Why???

This:





That my friends is three windows in the house next door boarded up. Why ? Who knows but it’s a crappy job and it’s all sorts of messed up with plywood, metal and some fake brick veneer looking stuff. Not sure what’s going on over there. Not sure I want to know!! They are odd ducks.

So while out there I snuck this picture. See the pink dog in the distance? Gone are the days of folks not stepping out of their house fully put together. (Guilty as charged a lot of the days)





A closeup. I feel I can show this as there is a shrub blocking her face. Hahah. Wonder if bunny slippers are involved?






During today’s adventures I also listened to my husband and ordered my blinds for the last two rooms in the house - coral bedroom and side window in the living room. A bit more sticker shock... but I bought them anyway. Done and done.

Now to get a fence installed on the side of the house I’m having the A/C moved to.... and a few other odds and ends and this will have been a very success trip indeed. Finding a handyman to remove our attic fan would be icing on the cake, but doesn’t look like it will happen. Sad face.

1 comment:

Linda Liebhardt said...

The azalea's are sure pretty! Fence down that side...? Is that why the yellow flags are there--you had (the equivalent of) Blue Stakes come out and flag where underground stuff is? I guess you won't plan on having any deep holes, then.

We have warm temps here, too. 60's. Ugh. That means, if it keeps up, that all our fruit trees will bloom way to early and be frozen. Again. I was so hoping for a good apple crop this year. And peaches.