So the drive down was entertaining. I drive down as I won’t drive back.
So I had ONE job on the way to Mayo Clinic. Turn on I-10. Literally What ONE turn. Yep. I missed it. And it’s HUGE!! Good lord. Then to add insult to injury? Part of the freeway is totally shut down. Stop and go traffic and a big detour. Took an extra hour to get here - good thing we came the night prior or I would have missed my show time tomorrow!! First hibacleanse shower down. Time for bed!!! 1 am geeze. At least show time is 11am. I can sleep in!!!
Even that was a change in plans. Butch’s phone rang at 7am. Weird. My ringer was off. Whoops
He answers it. It’s Mayo. Cancellation (by someone else) and mad dashed to the hospital. Ok so my family doesn’t do mad dashes anywhere. Maybe a mad amble.
I’m got up and ready quickly ....
Bad thing is we have had 6 hours or less of sleep. Good news is I didn’t have time to get rattled. Yeah right.
I was so calm on the last few surgeries. This one? Not so much.
So. Headed in early to get this show on the road.
When I got here they were super ready for me. I was shoved into a room
In back before Butch even made it back into the hospital. He had dropped me at the door to expedite checkin ;)
They were sweet and held me off 5 minutes so Butch could say bye and take my phone :)

Happy. Not!!

Ok happy face for the world.

My view :)

Final farewell to Audrey and the bag!!
Then off to surgery. I was awake. lol the way into the surgical room AND awake for the mask. That was new for me. That mask was shoved on tight and didn’t have a huge positive air flow, that’s for sure. But out like s light after three or four good breaths. Zzzzz
Recovery was good. Pain was really there. They took off the long acting narcotics to see if that would get me bladder activity quicker. We shall see. I have the catheter removed at 24 hrs from surgery.

Last night in the room. Took two walks. Used the elbow walker. That’s interesting didn’t use it after my last surgery. Was probably suppose to. Oh well. First walk was short. Second walk was longer. Hummmm thinking I may have had three walks. Remember three different cut through. Short, medium and long. Who knows. I was walking - need to get the bowels working.
I will walk this morning once they get my catheter and IV unhooked. It will make walking MUCH easier as I can then walk solo. So. After breakfast sometime I’ll take 2 rounds. That 1/2 mile I think they say. 4 rounds is a mile. Per the nurses last time.
******* photo warning******
They pulled my packing and I gut to see the opening :)
***if you don’t want to see quit now***



It’s bigger than my belly button right now!!! I was expecting the smaller gauze packing I had seen on TV shows where it’s more solid. Had I been quicker I could have gotten a shot of him pulling it out. Wasn’t that quick! Not a lot of pain removing it. It was more painful for the drain removals.
Sweet. Now I just shower as usual I don’t worry about the hole. If can get wet and soapy. I then just pat it dry and and put a new gauze pad over it until it heals over.
I read articles on it. This is shockingly the least infection causing solution to the wound closer. They get more infections closing off the wound fully.
No comments:
Post a Comment