Monday, October 31, 2011

Band Competitions

Last year there were three band competitions if I remember correctly – one in Southern GA, one in Atlanta (really enjoyed that one) and another to the west, I believe (we didn’t go to it).  

 

This year there was only one and it was this weekend.  

 

Do I have a single picture?  Nope. 

 

Did I care?  Not really, I really enjoyed sitting there and watching the performance and cheering on the kids instead of worrying about missing a shot, and trying to get it “just so”… it was nice to sit, snuggle and watch the performance.  It was COLD – 40’s which to some isn’t too bad, but for us warm blooded folks, cold!.

 

The kids did GREAT.  They got excellent in all the classes and over hall “High Guard” as well.  They were excited. 

 

They still lost the overall best in show… but that is because there is a smaller band that goes for the “fun” factor and always puts on an excellent show (sorry Liz, but they really do have the entertainment factor down!)  Our band is good, really good and really BIG.  They are huge compared to most on the field and they can do some intricate work.  However, they do it as a band does, without a “show” and without much more than the band uniforms… these guys were dressed like crash test dummies or road crew or something… and really hammed it up.  Ah, well – our guys are good and very intricate and very formal :o)  That’s a good thing too.

 

All in all a good weekend activity.  Angela got to bring a friend with her, so was running back and forth to the concessions and here there and everywhere.  Half the time wrapped in blankets, which I didn’t care because they were red, so I never really lost sight of them!  Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad the band went well, Donna, but pictures?? No pictures? For shame!
Aunt T