What is this? THIS is the STACK of games that came out of the bottom of our linen closet in the hall - ALL the games. Why are they on my dining room table??? Because they are being sorted through and taken to the consignment store!! Why, oh, Why can't family live CLOSER when I'm in a culling mood???
This is the side that went to the consignment store... the left side above is the side that stayed. Of course the reality of games is that we tend to only play ONE game at a time... domino's for a while, then it was/is Push the Dummy. We go in fits and spurts! We did have one substitution and Scramble was rescued and Operation went to the consignment store instead.
Funny thing is I messed up and when bagging these to be shipped out, forgot the Chinese Checkers AND the lamp - drat it! They are still at the house waiting for the next drop off.
Project time!!
This looks silly in progress.
The idea comes from this:
but first and foremost this is where the idea was born:
full instructions on HOW to: http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2011/04/pickle-jar-project.html
I had actually seen a black set done similar to the white originally, but can't find them.. could be the black one shown above, but don't really think so. There are a few variations on the black one to include Christmas as well. (http://theautocrathaley.blogspot.com/2010/11/fall-apothecary-jars.html and http://theautocrathaley.blogspot.com/2010/12/apothecary-jars-joy.html)
Again, I forget to take some of the core "before" pictures - like the raw glass candlesticks. Sigh. So forgetful sometimes. I did take a picture in the middle of the epoxy part however
And finally on the mantle - not filled, but in place on the mantle now...
next up filling them with fall things. I saw a cute one with little pine cones and acorns...
Cost? Hum - $2.50 total with paint and glue as I've not used all the paint or glue.

2 comments:
You are seriously one of the BUSIEST women I know! Your projects are wonderful, and if I lived closer I might just steal those Halloween decs! Love them! LOVE! I need some serious decor motivation... but... I not only do I lack the motivation, I also lack the time! ;o)
LOVE the projects! So creative and cute! And I don't have any idea what Tandy is talking about. Her house is amazing! And her girls room? ADORABLE!!!
Post a Comment