Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 5 - July 7th

 The gangs all here - with exception of Butch - he's still not up to par and laying low from the fishing today.  Sarah went in his place.
 Sarah caught the FIRST fish of the day - a 20lb king! Way to go Sarah!  Robert then caught the next, then Dad, then me following up at the end... now this sounds like it took forever, but it was a very uncommon occurrence.  We were off the river by 9am - yes, 9am.  Three hours of fishing and everyone in our boat hit our limits.  Way to go!
 Since we were off the river SO early, I volunteered to take the girls riding as I wanted to ride as well - so off we went.  It was a nice ride through the woods, with surprising few mosquito's and MANY more roots and tripping hazards than I have EVER seen on a trail ride in my life!  Wow is all I have to say.  We didn't go very far and looped back on our selves a few times, but it was a pleasant ride for all involved!


 When first coming out on this, it looks like a river, but is instead an air strip!



 We also went panning for gold at a cheesy side shop.  It was very cheesy, but fun, still the same.

Robert got to meet a BBall idol in Karl Malone - he used to play for the Jazz.  He was nice and took a picture with Robbie.   
 More of the "cheesy-ness" ha!


 shovel your dirt and start looking for the GOLD!


 Sluicing the dirt to look for the big bucks - ha!
 Sarah not looking too thrilled - is she....
 Angie looks like she's enjoying this!
 Liz and I are working hard for our gold!

 Janet looking for her millions to come in!

 The final process with panning...
 The results with a garnet for good measure.

Going into the "mine" - it was funny it was all above ground and just a darkened dirt covered tunnel.  Funny!
 Angie had a run in with the local wildlife while there....
 Just a cute picture of the girls!

More of the moose that we saw previously!
I get the feeling our dates are just wrong on some of the cameras - I think this is from my Olympus... and this wasn't the same day as horse riding... so things are ALL out of order :o)


1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I just finished reading all your entries of your trip and...WOW is all I have to say. For me the picture of Karl Malone was pretty exciting. We are Laker fans, but we love us some Karl Malone when he played for the Jazz. Where did you run into him?