Sunday, May 15, 2011

Healing continued...

This view looks so promising... everything is looking healthy and happy.  Well, happier and healthier than it's looked in a while.  This is at day 11 post-op.  Sunday.  After a nice shower and a rinse as I have been told to NOT rub it.  Just let water rinse down on it - period.  Do not disturb the blood supply being created.  Yes Sir, I will do my best, Sir.  I have done just that - no touchy.  I have been putting on the antibiotic cream religiously and to keep it out of my hair, a very loose set of band aids overlapped with the sticky edge from the underside one cut off.  this way none of the adhesive is anywhere near the actual stitches.

Even with all these precautions, I have a sinking feeling that the other side is the horror of what can happen when grafts don't go well.

I keep thinking (hoping):
  • It's not THAT bad
  • It's getting better
  • It may just be a process of the healing
  • Really, there is some pink skin in there
  • There's not that much blood on the band aids (almost daily)
When I look at the band aids after sleeping and know things are just not going so hot with this site. 
Things are NOT healing as they should.

I guess I just have to hold out hope that all things will work themselves out and that time will make things OK with the back of the ear and be very grateful it's the back and not the front that is looking this rough.  It could always be worse, right?  The whole thing could have died and looked like hell.  Right?
Be happy that it's looking as well as it does.

2 comments:

Linda Liebhardt said...

I think it's on the mend, Donna. I think there is hope. Keep doing what you're supposed to.

Suzanne said...

Sounds like you're doing everything you're supposed to be doing. Keep it up and I'm sure everything will work out. Keep positive! :)